I re-did the colour scheme for my AoS Aelves and I’m liking the jade green as a secondary cloth colour with white as the main. It contrasts with the white and breaks up the model, making the overall scheme a success in my eyes.
Trying to finish up 10 shadow warriors before moving onto swordmasters but here’s a what’s going on so far:
I’m using a fair bit of coelia greenshade but I’m pleased thus far. I know I said the same thing about the purple scheme but y’know, this is working. For real this time. I also went to replace my brushes and there were none of the kind I normally use so I’m making do with a few cheap synthetics at the moment. While they work well enough, I’m a discerning brush wielder! Non-synthetic or bust! Going to try and pop into a different store during the week but may as well order some Rosemary and Co. brushes online. There’s about a fortnight or just under until I attend a painting workshop so they need replacing. Truth be told I’m a little worried about the course as of late I don’t feel like I’m ready or at the level required. I guess one needs to do these things to improve.
Additionally I probably need to find a few more blog networks to add my blog to the roles. While I’m not concerned about likes/internet celebrity stuff I’d like at least to know that the utter drivel I type is eroding someone’s sanity, somewhere. Still kinda beating myself up over the House’s decline. It’s not my fault, not wholly but damnit there’s a shittonne of guilt. I still read the archived stuff every now and then, back when the monthly count was 20-odd posts. Part of it’s from nostalgia and part of it is to try and figure out when I actually decided to be a mouthy git on the internet. I can’t remember, but I think it was sometime in 2012. I’d like to believe that in 5-ish years time my writing skills have at least marginally improved.
Regardless, I’ve a huge as hell backlog or thoughts, ideas, projects and Things To Do that I should write up some kind of list. I’m time-poor at the moment, doing uni placement and also from night shifts. Hopefully that changes in June, when I finish placement. Gonna friggin’ graduate, finally! Placement was a long way off and then all of a sudden so very close. I did join a gym and am going to it, so that’s one strike in the ‘doing’ column. Getting into some sort of shape that isn’t “too tall to be fat but too flabby to be thin”. Currently off the top of my head, the projects/ideas/wants:
- Not be single: Heh, this’ll take divine intervention but a man/fool can dream 😛 At least a date or two, shouldn’t be too hard, right? Right?! (haha, dem atrophied social skillz)
- Make a gameboard or two- I ordered some dental plaster online back in January (post Cancon) and need to find time to cast stuff up, given how I haven’t used my Hirst Arts molds in some time. I’ve been meaning to do this for years and I need to approach it bit by bit, or obtain a job with holidays and use the holidays to be productive. Casual labour has pros and cons
- Play some D+D- Wanted to, picked up AoS instead (properly, y’know, fer reals) and be a bit more social. I could totally be a berserker. Or a druid. Maybe a cleric and most definitely, a Warlock 😉 There’s a bunch of boardgames sitting unplayed too, so hopefully once I’m less time-poor…
- Obtain new laptop/PC- This is a must for this year. I have no L key (just the touchpad) and firefox is turning off support for Vista. This piece of Archeotech dates back to 2008, so nearly a decade’s worth of service is really something.
- Finish cleaning out unused/unwanted hobby stuff- I’m cash poor too, so it gives me time to paint the Aelves, play games with the faction and await the Aelf release to shoot huge wads of cash in GW’s general direction. The Skaven side of the Spire of Dawn sets is gonna hit ebay as I’ve enforced a ‘No Chaos’ policy for AoS. The End Times killed any chance of that due to happening so fast. Plus, filling out the skaven would be…expensive.
- Obtain storage for models- I need a toolcase to stuff magnetised Malifaux away and something things safe between projects
- Set up Vassal/get experience in with Wyrd Games: The Other Side playtest. The models won’t come until December this year but the postage isn’t much as the models are being made in Oz
- Paint through the backlog- This is made worse through backing the Twisted kickstarter (the gentlefolk minis did it for me) and the order through Reaper I made to get ‘practice minis’.
There’s 4 minis in said reaper order (made back in Feb) I want to make a diorama for once I complete my painting course. There’s ‘Spirit of ‘ models so my idea is to make a circular diorama but have quarters dedicated to each season, but each quarter is it’s own diorama by itself. Think Voltron or something. I got those sculpts as they reminded me of the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons game, in which you could alter the seasons at will to rescue the titular Oracle and not Zelda…unless you and a friend completed both Oracle games and used a game-link cable (this is before wireless) to join up for a secret quest, which ended in fighting Ganon to rescue Zelda.
I don’t play much in the way of videogames these days (and that’s another backlog thing to- play through both Kingdom Hearts Final Mix sets) but I do miss the 90’s through mid 00’s video game era. It was before the ‘graphics is the be all, end all’ circle jerk modern gaming has become and I miss sprites (those conglomeration of pixels that made up everything) and the 8-bit tracks. Maybe with all of the 90’s stuff coming back in vogue a bit, we might come full circle.