Bile thrall progress: Attempt at NMM plus bilious basing display

Hey all,

The mud effects dried over night to mimic dried mud, which wasn’t the intent, but a wash of the “fresh mud” enamel wash sorted that out. Another layer of the ‘bile effects’ (bile colour + water effects = recipe) was added to create depth and now the bases look realistic.

I also tried NMM for the first time ever, so there’s about 6 photos of my crew leader to show off the armour plates and metal collars. These were done to try and emulate a dull steel colour or something to that effect. Following advice from Dave’s article on NMM I tried to emulate the technique here. The photos don’t really show what the mini looks like in reality (I need to invest in a lightbox, or build one maybe).

First up: Crew leader photos of the NMM attempt:

IMG_0189 IMG_0191 IMG_0192 IMG_0193 IMG_0194 IMG_0195 IMG_0196 IMG_0197 IMG_0198 IMG_0200 IMG_0201

And a few shots of the bases:

IMG_0202 IMG_0203 IMG_0204

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s